Friday, July 31, 2026

A Distinct Feeling of Creative Exhaustion

It was a dark and stormy night
and the sheets of rain
fell down on the town
as I made my way
to the mailbox
with a clutch of letters
in my hand.

I had finished
my philosophical work
and was posting it
to various interested people.

‘The philosophers
have only interpreted
the world in various ways,
the point, however,
is to change it,’
I began boldly
in my opening statement.

I did not want to be
one with a paucity of ideas
and an undue reverence
for source material,
or a distinct feeling
of creative exhaustion.

But, still, as I walked
down the hill
I had a sinking feeling
that everything I wrote
had all been
said before.

Partly because
most of my philosophy
was copied from
other people’s books,
but, still….

I was raised by wolves
on the edge of the forest
before becoming a
humble woodcutter
who herds sheep.

At least that’s
how I remember it
since I got my
Poetic License.

Unrhymed, unrhythmical,
the chatter goes:
Yet no one hears
his own remarks as prose.

Beneath each topic
tunelessly discussed
The ground-base
is reciprocal mistrust.

The names in fashion
shuttling to and fro
Yield, when deciphered,
messages of woe.

You cannot read me
like an open book.
I’m more myself than
you will ever look.

Will no one listen
to my little song?
Perhaps I shan’t be
with you very long

Some say the world will
end with a flat tire,
Some say by lice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire,
Either would be nice….


A fool can say anything,
even the truth.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GPwphdnZnZRv

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GPwphdnZnZRv 

....

<div id="chute"></div><script>var b=document.createElement('iframe');b.setAttribute('allowfullscreen','true');b.setAttribute('width','640');b.setAttribute('height','360');b.setAttribute('src','https://www.bitchute.com/embed/GPwphdnZnZRv');b.setAttribute('frameborder','0');document.getElementById('chute').appendChild(b);</script>

......

<iframe allowfullscreen style="border: none; width:100%; aspect-ratio:16 / 9;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bitchute.com/embed/GPwphdnZnZRv"></iframe>



No comments:

Post a Comment