Sunday, October 25, 2020

Magdeline Horsfall - A Voice From 100 Years Ago Speaks to Me - 25 Oct 2020

 I was tired of listening to the news that repeated itself so I went to Project Gutenberg to find a book to listen to.  I have been very pleased over the last months after using the Microsoft Windows 10 Read Aloud feature.  I have a pleasant English woman's voice.  I don't find the reading robotic at all.  I have noticed that the reading by this computer program is often better than some of the readings by volunteers at Librivox audio book site.  I use the feature almost every day now.

Project Gutenberg - The Fairy Latchkey - by Magdaline Horsfall 

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/63535/63535-h/63535-h.htm

Today I bumped into an author I had never heard of from about a hundred years ago.   Magdaline Horsfall wrote a number of books.  But, she has not left much of a digital trace online.  I guess the book I am listening to "The Fairy Latchkey." The story seems to be about a young teen girl and aimed at that audience.  The writing seems decent.  But, I looked around online and found nothing on Wikipedia, or other places.  I did find a cover for a book about twins on Googlebooks. 


Then I found I could buy the book from the UK for about $9 but I think the shipping is $20.  I am curious though.  I could buy the book and type it up for Project Gutenberg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment