Monday, November 18, 2019

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - Audio Book - Et Cetera - 18 Nov 2019

I was looking for an audio book on Youtube.  I started paying for Youtube Premium and use the site with no advertisements.  Things load really fast.  Using Youtube for an audio file from Librivox is actually easier on Youtube.  Often a whole book is loaded onto a Youtube file, so one can listen to the book for a while without constantly clicking, as with Librivox, for a new chapter.

A lot of the titles of audio books I see listed on Youtube do seem to be from Librivox originally.  I saw a relatively new upload of the book 'A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court' by Mark Twain listed with a line drawing of a knight charging a man in a modern business suit up a tree and decided to give the work a listen.  A good reading.  I have seen the Bing Crosby movie of the work and have had a copy sitting on my bookshelf since high school.  It was a good reading.  I listened to the whole work over the next three days.
I found my paperback copy from high school - forty-five cents for the book. 


I also looked through all of my illustrated classics for the version I thought I remembered. 
I watched a cartoon from 1970 that was half decent - a noted the voice of Orson Bean as the main character because I also am familiar with his voice as Bilbo Baggins in an 1970's cartoon of The Hobbit. 
 I also got some enjoyment out of a live action drama from 1978 :

No comments:

Post a Comment