Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Don't tread on me - Tuesday 5:31am 29 April 2020

Tuesday 29 April 2020
5:31 am

I can't see Jupiter in the sky this morning.  There are too many clouds.  I close my eyes as I sit in the dark of my kitchen with blue light coming in from the window and white light from the computer screen.

I closed my eyes and pictured the Earth in space with the Sun and far off Jupiter.  I thought of Richard Feynman and how his children have said something like 'my father used to play a lot of games with us, he would say imagine that....'   Meanwhile I'm stuck with wooden blocks and Legos with crown gears on a wheel shaft.

What was Christmas morning like in the Feynman house?  First I am going to assume that Richard Feynman was Jewish since he has 'man' at the end of his name and what sounded to me like some kind of New York accent.  Also he was a smart, insightful scientist, and there is a good chance any smart scientist is smart.  I can't be bothered looking up the Nobel Prize in Science count that indicates that the tiny Jewish population of the world has a large number of these prizes.

As I type the sky has turned from dark blue/black to light grey/gray.

Great for free association in the semi-darkness.

I walked to the front window thinking of some of the American flags I can see out my window.  I thought of getting a Betsy Ross circled star American flag or the US flag from the Civil War.  So, I looked up these flags online.  

As I searched through the old style flags I saw the yellow Gadsten banner from the American Revolution circa 1780.  The slogan "Don't Tread On Me" rings true today for some people who oppose government tyranny. 


So I made a few parody flags based on the yellow original and the snake who makes a threat.


Others had a different take.  There is so much to work from. 



I keep laughing to myself, or out loud, as I go through my day and my mind wanders back to the snake who "specifically requested the opposite" of the tread depicted in the graphic. 

I suppose a more modern depiction would be the one below.  

Support Your Local Police State?



No comments:

Post a Comment